CETVETAR-UNN NATIONAL ECONOMIC RECOVERY PROGRAMME
INVITATION TO NATIONAL ECONOMIC RECOVERY PROGRAMME
The Centre for Technical Vocational Education, Training and Research (CETVETAR), University of Nigeria, Nsukka (World Bank Assisted Centre of excellence in TVET) which is also UNESCO-UNEVOC Centre in Nigeria. Cordially invites you to National Economic Recovery Programme (NERP) aimed at empowering unemployed/underdeveloped persons as well as expose them to critical opportunities with National Agencies involved in skills development and economic empowerment scheduled as follows:
Theme: National Economic Recovery Programme
Date: Tuesday, August 21 – Friday, August 25, 2017
Venue: National Stadium, Abuja.
Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm daily
Partnering Agencies: The following agencies have been invited to mount exhibitions and make technical presentations during the NERP in accordance with their mandates and opportunities they provide to participants:
Abuja Chamber of Commerce, National Directorate of Employment, Bank of Industry, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria, Bank of Agriculture, Nigerian Investment Promotion Council, Raw Materials Research and Development Council, Standard organization of Nigeria, National Information Technology Development Agency, Nigeria Communications Commission and Telecommunication Companies in Nigeria.
Registration Fee: N 5,000.00 (which covers training and certification only)
Please Contact your House of Rep members or Senators or Local Government Chairmen for Sponsorship. Interested persons on self sponsorship can pay to CTR for Tech. Voc. Ed & Research, Zenith Bank, Acct No: 1014212371.
(b) Accommodation (Optional): Interested persons coming from outside Abuja could contact PRINCE NWEKE: 08185706536, 07085338983 or firstname.lastname@example.org for discounted rate of hostel accommodation at NYSC permanent Orientation Camp, Kubua Bwari Area Council FCT Abuja.
Punctuality: Accreditation starts by 8:00am each day at Training venue. Participants are encouraged to be punctual. For more information, visit the link below: http://www.cetvetar.unn.edu.ng/training
PROF. EMMANUEL C. OSINEM
Director, CETVETAR, UNN
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
CENTRE FOR TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL EDUCATION, TRAINING
AND RESEARCH (CETVETAR), UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION INTO 2016/17 CETVETAR 3 AND 6 MONHTS VOCATIONAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMME
The CETVETAR, UNN hereby invites the University Community and general public to submit application for admission into her 2016/2017 Part-time 3months and 6months Vocational Skills Training for the award of Certificate of Proficiency in the chosen Vocational Trade.
The programme targets the youths and adults desiring skills improvement in specific occupation Craftsmen, Secondary School Leavers, Graduates and Apprentices. The programme shall inculcate in the trainees technical and entrepreneurial skills needed for start-up of micro-enterprises in the chosen trade areas, self-development and self-reliance. They will also gain information on funding opportunities.
INFORMATION TO APPLICANTS
- Components of the Programme: These are two key components of the programme, sections A and B. Section A will be compulsory for all participants, while Section B contained nine Trade/Skills Areas for trainees to choose one either for three or six months. See the table below for details
- Application form: Click Download for the Application Form or (http://www.cetvetar.unn.edu.ng/training)
- Completed Application form should be returned to CETVETAR Office with 2 passports and One File-Jacket with the sum of #1000 for confirmation (CETVETAR Office is at 2nd Floor, Faculty of Education Building).
- Important Dates
- Application opens: November 21, 2016
- Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted from January 18, 2017 and subsequent issuance admission letter.
- Induction and Commencement of Training: Successful candidates shall be inducted on Thursday February 2, 2017 (Training Days: Thursdays and Fridays – 4:00pm to 6:00pm daily and Saturdays 10:00am – 4:00pm)
- Payable Fees for successful candidate: Successful candidates shall be required to pay the following Tuition and Sundry fees according to the duration of the programme.
- 3 Months Programme total of #22, 000
- 6 Months Programme total of #35, 000
- Structure of Training Programme according to duration.
COMPONENTS OF VOCATIONAL SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR THE AWARD OF CERTIFICATE OF PROFICIENCY
(Courses in this section will be compulsory for all participants)
|· Creativity and Innovation|
|· Business Plans and Funding|
|· Marketing Strategy Development|
|· Financial Management|
|. Business Proposal Writing|
|S/N||SKILL AREA||3 MONTHS TRAINING||6 MONTHS TRAINING|
|1.||Arts & Culture||· Customization||· Media Design & Presentation|
|· Graphics Design||· Interior & Exterior Decoration|
|2.||Beauty Care and Cosmetology||· Pedicure/Manicure||· Make up Artistry|
|· Wig Making/Braiding||· Cosmetic Production –Eg. Shampoos, Powders, Perfumes, Bleach, Liquid soaps etc.|
|3.||Agricultural Production||· Poultry Farming||· Advanced Poultry Farming|
|· Fishing Farming||· Fish Farming/Hatchery|
|· Snail Farming|
|4.||Textile & Apparel||· Hats & Cap Making||· Knitting|
|·Leather works (Shoes & Bags, Wire works – bead making)||· Garment making|
|· Batik tie/dye|
|5.||Food Processing, Preservation & Packaging||·Production, Processing and Preservation of:·Beverages including Juices, Chapman, Smooties, etc||· Production, Processing and Preservation of:
· Doughnuts, Pies, Cookies etc)
|· Bread Making|
|· Cake Making||· Cake Making|
|· Sugar Crafting|
|6.||Building Construction Trades||· Paint making||· Cabinet making|
|· Glazing & Fabrication||· Carpentry & Joinery|
|.PVC installation||· Upholstery|
|· Tilling||· Plumbing|
|Architectural Drawing/Building Modeling|
|7.||ICT Proficiency||· Ms-Office Suite||· Hardware Maintenance|
|· Data Processing||· Software Development|
|· Internet Exploration
· Social Media Networking
|· Web Content Management
· Web Development & Designing
|· Graphic Design|
|· Blog Development/Blogging|
|8.||Automobile & Electrical Engineering Trades||· Vulcanizing||Automobile Repairs & Maintenance
· Automobile Diagnosis
· Electrical Wiring, Installation
· General Repairs, Rewinding
|· Driving & Transportation|
|9.||Machine Shop Practical/Mechanical Engineering Trade||· Welding & Fabrication|
|· Machine Work Practice|
Or call: 08056637151, 08185706536, 07054258185
Office Address: 2nd Floor, Faculty of Education Building), Nsukka Campus, Enugu State
PROF. EMMANUEL C. OSINEM